Having a 2 year old who likes to taste an array of weird and gross things, I really appreciate sensory play recipes that are safe to ingest. Though I don’t recommend letting your little one chow down on this slime (plus it doesn’t exactly taste wonderful) if they were to try a sample, it won’t hurt them.
This slime is just so fun to play with. It’s gooey, slimy, shiny, squishy, stretchy, wiggly, bouncy and it doesn’t stick to your hands so the mess is limited (bonus!) And, you only need 2 ingredients!
What you’ll need:
1 tbsp Metamucil
1 cup Water
Food colouring (optional)
Mix the above ingredients in a large microwavable bowl (larger than you think you’ll need). Put it in the microwave on high for 5 mins. It should boil over the top of the bowl. Remove and let cool slightly. It should be gel like. If needed microwave for another 3-5 mins. Dump onto a surface to cool – careful, it’s really hot! Once cool to touch, it’s time to play!
This kept my daycare kids entertained for an hour! A whole hour, it was amazing. We put it in a ziplock bag after for them to take home.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook for lots of ideas for play, articles on play and learning and more!